We are looking for volunteers to assist us in various areas of event planning and management. From promoting the event on social media to coordinating on-stage performances. All ages and backgrounds are welcome!
We have two types of volunteering:
- Promotional staff – promoting the event on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and the event website, designing posters/flyers/event guidebook, event scheduling;
- Event office administration
- Volunteer management – manage a team of volunteers, provide relevant training;
- Stage management – coordinate stage performances, creating a stage schedule;
- Photography/video-recording and editing – capture the event on digital media
Day event (9th December 2017)
- Workshop assistants – workshops will exhibit various Japanese traditional arts & crafts such as origami and calligraphy, creating a workshop schedule, coordinate workshops;
- Event evaluation surveying – evaluate overall satisfaction of the event;
Photography/video-recording and editing – capture the event on digital media
No previous experience is necessary for any of the roles. Anybody with a keen interest in Japanese culture, event management or those who would like to gain experience in any of the aforementioned roles are more than welcome to apply. A certificate of participation can also be issued to you after the event for your valued contribution.
- Must be over 16 years old;
- Dedicate a few hours per week
Volunteer Application Form
Thanks for your interests. Application for 2017 Matsuri Japan Festival is closed.