“YOU MAKE IT HAPPEN”
GET INVOLVED BY JOINING OUR VOLUNTEER TEAM!
Japan Matsuri Festival would not be possible without our dedicated and generous volunteers. Volunteering is a great way to experience Japan Matsuri Festival and be part of the “Japanese Biggest Event” in Sydney as part of the team that makes it all happen.
No previous experience is necessary for any of the roles. Anybody with a keen interest in Japanese culture, event management or those who would like to gain experience in any of the aforementioned roles are more than welcome to apply. A certificate of participation can also be issued to you after the event for your valued contribution.
What do Japan Matsuri Festival volunteers do?
We are looking for “Pre-event/Event Day volunteers” to assist us in various areas of event planning and management. From promoting the event on social media to coordinating on-stage performances. All ages (Over 16) and backgrounds are welcome!
AVAILABLE VOLUNTEER ROLES ARE:
- Promotional staff – promoting the event on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and the event website, designing posters/flyers/event guidebook, event scheduling;
- Event office administration
- Volunteer management – manage a team of volunteers, provide relevant training;
- Stage management – coordinate stage performances, creating a stage schedule;
- Photography/video-recording and editing – capture the event on digital media
- Workshop assistants – workshops will exhibit various Japanese traditional arts & crafts such as origami and calligraphy, creating a workshop schedule, coordinate workshops;
- Event evaluation surveying – evaluate overall satisfaction of the event;
Photography/video-recording and editing – capture the event on digital media