“THE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR
1ST JUNE PARRAMATTA MATSURI JAPAN FESTIVAL 2019”
Thank you for your interest, please come back for 14th September Willoughby Matsuri Japan Festival 2019.
“MATSURI IN PARRAMATTA VOLUNTEER STAFF INFORMATION SESSION”
Get excited because Matsuri will be back to Parramatta on Saturday, 1st June 2019.
The Matsuri in Parramatta is in close association with the Matsuri Japan Festival that is held in December at Darling Harbour which is to celebrate Japanese culture and cross cultural friendship within multicultural society. This event if for everyone who loves Japan as much as we do.
We are currently seeking for 20 volunteers (7 already assigned so 13 vacant positions left) to assist Matsuri in Parramatta in various areas on the date. Please join us at this information session if you wish to assist in putting Matsuri together.
Good knowledge of Japanese culture would be appreciated but not limited. If you know some command of Japanese language would also be greatly appreciated. But the most important thing is, your passion to support such a wonderful community event with your interest of Japanese culture! Let’s have fun and appreciate the cultural diversity together
Please also make sure that you RSVP on this Facebook event page by “going” to participate on the event.
Also, please make sure that you keep the schedule since you will not be able to use the lift to the venue after 6:00 pm.
* Please be there by 5:50 pm! *
Date: Friday, 31st May 2019
Place: Japan Centre Australia
Address: Suite 3.03, Level 3, 39 Liverpool Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
“YOU MAKE IT HAPPEN”
GET INVOLVED BY JOINING OUR VOLUNTEER TEAM!
Japan Matsuri Festival would not be possible without our dedicated and generous volunteers. Volunteering is a great way to experience Japan Matsuri Festival and be part of the “Japanese Biggest Event” in Sydney as part of the team that makes it all happen.
No previous experience is necessary for any of the roles. Anybody with a keen interest in Japanese culture, event management or those who would like to gain experience in any of the aforementioned roles are more than welcome to apply. A certificate of participation can also be issued to you after the event for your valued contribution.
What do Japan Matsuri Festival volunteers do?
We are looking for “Pre-event/Event Day volunteers” to assist us in various areas of event planning and management. From promoting the event on social media to coordinating on-stage performances. All ages (Over 16) and backgrounds are welcome!
AVAILABLE VOLUNTEER ROLES ARE:
- Promotional staff – promoting the event on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and the event website, designing posters/flyers/event guidebook, event scheduling;
- Event office administration
- Volunteer management – manage a team of volunteers, provide relevant training;
- Stage management – coordinate stage performances, creating a stage schedule;
- Photography/video-recording and editing – capture the event on digital media
- Workshop assistants – workshops will exhibit various Japanese traditional arts & crafts such as origami and calligraphy, creating a workshop schedule, coordinate workshops;
- Event evaluation surveying – evaluate overall satisfaction of the event;
Photography/video-recording and editing – capture the event on digital media