Performer Application is now OPEN!
Dear all incredible performers!
Matsuri Japan Festival 2019 will be held on 7th December Saturday (11:30 am -7: 30 pm) at Tumbalong Park Darling Harbour, Sydney CBD.
Thanks for your interest to perform in our Festival. We’re always on the look-out for amazing talent – an exciting explosion of cultural appreciation and creativity. We are excited to invite you to perform at the largest Japanese festival in the southern hemisphere.
Please read the information below carefully and follow the application process. No fees are payable for the performers as Matsuri Japan Festival is a community event run by 100% volunteer base and there will be no remuneration/transport fee to be paid. We all appreciate your wonderful contribution.
Individuals or Organizations who is interested in performing/showcasing the Japanese cultural experience.
TYPE OF PERFORMANCE
Performing arts / Martial arts in accordance with Japanese culture and tradition / Japanese contemporary art / Expressing contemporary Japanese society.
All acts are programmed and limited to within 15 minutes – this includes the time for entering/leaving the stage and booked on the basis of availability for shows over this entire time to fit in with our programming schedule.
1. Please download the form below to fill out the necessary information, upload it via application form to send together.
Please Email this form to email：Stage＠Matsurisydney.com
2. Access our online application form to fill out the necessary information and attached the above form you downloaded and filled.
Note: Please provide links/media as indicated in the application form that we could see your performance to assist in assessing your application. Our preference is for live recordings or video where possible.
Tuesday, 15th October 2019.
Matsuri Japan Festival Steering Committee will go through all submitted information. We really value and appreciate your application. However, only successful applicant/s will be contacted once Matsuri Japan Festival 2019 Steering Committee selected the performer/s. Please kindly understand that you may not be contacted due to the high volume of application.
- Those acts selected to perform at the Festival will be contacted and asked to provide us with any necessary additional information
- Final selection is based on the information provided in the application process.
- Please assist us by not leaving it to the last minute to submit your application. It helps us by spreading the workload involved in assessing applications.
- The performance schedule will be allocated by the Steering Committee, however, if you have any preference with reason, please let us know.
Should you have any question regarding performance, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you very much and we look forward to hearing from you!